In my latest project with ASCD, Ask Them, we travel far and wide to answer simple question: Why should we ask our students about their own learning?
To answer the question we spoke to a lot of people. A sampling includes:
- We travelled to Melbourne to ask John Hattie what his research suggests.
- Celeste Kidd from KiddLab explains her ‘Marshmallow Revisited’ study.
- Former Bloom student Lorin Anderson gets into his Bloom’s Revised Taxonomy
- Theatre teacher Heather Ayris speaks to the power of the Arts in student voice
- Tech teach Nick Kast highlights the power of student-driven projects
- We travel to Spokane, WA to fly remote control helicopters with Joseph Lai.
Check out this somewhat unconventional 3-part educational journey, and expect to be convinced that it’s high time we listened carefully to our students.
It’s available on ASCD Streaming.